Ir al contenido principal

Feedback for teachers?


More than a post I would like to share a reflection that as teachers we might do or apply in our academic life.

I know that nowadays we are busy as teachers, I mean we have to plan like every year, semester, or even month. Besides, we have to make the activities and if you are a teacher where you are teaching kids and teenager, then you have to create materials, resources, print a thousand of papers. When you already have a plan, your resources and of course that ugly CD player or if you are more modern then your Bluetooth speaker. Then when you are teaching a student is the clown of the class, or other just did something to other. Worst case scenario: one vomited and then either you clean or wait until someone else cleans that, depending on the school you work at.

Resultado de imagen para tired dogWhen it's the hunting season (AKA Exam season), it´s not a real pleasure because you have to check many tests that you fed up with checking them, and the bonus points: if you let some extra assignments then more bad news, because you have to also check those things and well I´m not going to continue because you can get depressed and you won´t finish reading this post.

Anyways, the question here is: Do you give yourself a feedback as a teacher? I mean like you analyze what activities were applied, which ones worked effectively, which others were not that effective as expected. What aspects would I change?, The objective I reached was the one I wanted? etc.

Resultado de imagen para pep guardiola
Resultado de imagen para pizarra futbolThey way I do it, is like a soccer coach. First I make my class plan, then I give the class, I make the corrections if they are needed to my class plan. Then I check the daily progress, if something is going ok, then I don´t move it. If I see that an activity didn´t work, I changed it for another one to see the reaction and how my students work on that one. When the period is over, then I analyze the good things of the class, and aspects I can change for the next period or group, also if the activities were the most appropriate or if I can change some of them. Until now it has worked really well. If it´s working then I enforce it, if not that´s when I see what´s going on and what possible changes I can male to the class to improve it.

So that´s all for this post. How do you make your personal feedback, put it in the comment section, and thanks for reading. See you in the next post!!!

Comentarios

  1. Feedback is not something Mexican people usually do, but I think is important as it shows us our objective, where we are and what strategies we can use or should change. In my case, I do my lesson plan, apply the activities in my classroom, then I start analyzing if they are working or if I need to make an adjustment while they are developing, finally I write some comments in my lesson plan and think about other possible strategies.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ResponderBorrar
  2. I think it has a lot to do with our culture and education, which has not allowed us to advance at all.

    And I'm referring to the fact that if at some time you intend to make feedback, you do not know in what way the other person will take it, so that's why we really didn't do very often.

    At the time of planning many situations, but it is really impossible for everything to turn out as planned, so we must be flexible and adapt to different situations that come our way.

    ResponderBorrar
  3. When I plan the activities of the lesson plans I think about my groups, the manner they work, their capacities, preferences and their special needs. And it’s difficult to plan because you don’t know if the activity is going to work.

    Then, I apply the activities and I do the changes if they’re required at the moment when I am applying them.

    At the end, I analyze it and If the activity didn’t work I take note about the errors and the new ideas that I think are going to work.

    Thanks =)

    ResponderBorrar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas más populares de este blog

Teaching isn´t just giving a content

As teachers, we are examples to follow, we need to teach more than just a content, we need to teach values or some aspects to our students in order to help them to continue growing as humans, it´s our responsibility to make them think and not only in the academic aspect. However, we need to start by ourselves as teachers and apply the next values so our students can follow our examples.   Integrity                                                                                     It's necessary for a teacher to be honest with his/her job role and responsibility. Students always follow what teacher does and reflect on them. Teachers should be careful about what he or she does and also make sure of fulfilling commitments he/she makes. Once a student finds teacher not sticking to his/her words then the student shall also start ignoring the teacher. Pretending to know everything might not be a good idea for teachers. Teachers could be doing so to make sure students always follow

Teachnology

Let´s admit it, technology has made huge changes in our lives, a few years ago having a cell phone was a thing from another world and a   luxury now, having a cell phone is a necessity and this has caused that either we adapt with these new changes or we are getting stuck in the old age, making us to be "out of date" and of course in some cases we can have difficulties with the new technology. The same happens in teaching, we need to adapt in order to have a meaningful class. Do you remember those times when English teachers had the stereotype of carrying a big CD Player and lots of books? or people used to say that English classes were boring because   let´s get real, English teachers are also called as boring or obsolete teachers. We need to use the tech tools, and we can use trends so our students can really have a meaningful class with no problems. As teachers we need to be informed not only in new pedagogy techniques, but also in technology. Now I´m going to share

Teaching Risk-Taking

Nowadays is really important to teach students how to take risks regarding with thier own learning process.  Many students tend to “Play it safe” because they’re afraid to try new things for lack of fear or failure. For some students, taking a risk can mean different things, for one it can simply mean raising their hand to answer a question, while for another it can mean going above and beyond the normal expectations.  Here are some of the benefits of risk-taking: Learning from Taking a Risk Risk-taking has a cost, and it’s important that students be realistic about that. It’s also important for students to know that it’s an opportunity for them to learn and grow from. There will be times when taking a risk is going to be successful while other times students can fail, so they need to be OK with failure.  Taking Risks Builds Self-Confidence The great thing about trying new things is the confidence that it gives you. Once you learn to break away from your “Typical” way